I have worked in private practice as a psychotherapist and Counselling Psychologist for over twenty years, helping to
- Reduce and manage anxiety and low mood
- Improve self-esteem and confidence
- Challenge negative thoughts and obsessive behaviours
- Overcome panic attacks and phobias
- Alleviate symptoms of stress, trauma and adjustment disorder
- Tackle problems with drug and alcohol dependency
- Help improve communication and relationship issues
- Improve sleep patterns
- Teach strategies to help make and keep lifestyle or work changes
I am trained in Cognitive Analytic Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, both brief therapies (approx 6-16 sessions) focusing on developing understanding and identifying practical ways of managing any issues. I am also trained in developing resilience levels, and using Mindfulness techniques.
I am registered with BUPA, AXA PPP and Cigna Healthcare insurance companies.
Text and Images ©Victoria Plant